*** PLEASE NOTE: due to renovation work in the basement of Building 5, the Printing Centre will be completed closed in for the whole of October ***
An external partner runs the Printing Centre with digitial systems in colour and black and white in Building 5, Room 5-U04-05. The service includes high-volume print jobs, as well as large formats and final processing.
Offset printing is not normally included, but can be arranged.
Scope of work
- Monochrome and colour copies and prints up to A3
- Final processing (stapling, hole punch, cutting, binding etc.)
- Colour-plots up to A0 size
- Binding theses, papers, reports
- Printing photos
The Printing Centre's portfolio, as well as the current price list, can be found on the University's website.
This service is available for all users. The service can also be used for private purposes or by external parties.
|Content by Label|
You can reach the Printing Centre during their opening times at:
Opening times (Room 5-U04)
Personal consultation for students and private customers:
- Mon - Fri from 8:00 until 12:00 (in the semester break from 8:00 until 10:00)
Opening hours for staff and professors::
- Mon – Fri from 8:00 until 12:00
The printing centre may be closed in August. Over Christmas and New Year and on "bridge days" between holidays there may changes to the regular opening times.
Data Backup / Hosting
The Printing Centre's webstore is hosted in the University's Computer Centre. There is no data backup.
The Printing Centre accepts orders via the following channels:
- in person in Room 5-U04 during opening hours
- via the Printing Centre's Webshop (in German) - can only be used by users with a valid Reutlingen University user account
After consultation with the Printing Centre staff, it is sometimes possible to place an order via e-mail, if this is sent from a Reutlingen University e-mail address. When ordering per e-mail or in person, please fill out the correct order form.
The master copy should be in PDF or JPG and TIFF format. Other formats are only possible after consultation with the Printing Centre.
For personal commissions, employees should provide information on the product portfolio and the requirements for the copy.
Detailed advice on print products and artwork is available by prior appointment. Consultation times will be invoiced.
Collection and payment
Jobs can be collected from the printing centre during the opening times.
The following payment options are available:
- by the department (only possible for professors, employees and lecturers at Reutlingen University)
- using the balance on your university card
The user must consider processing times, as there is no guarantee that orders will be prepared faster.
The user is responsible for the templates and ensuring that they are correct. Rejected printed jobs that are cased by faulty print templates are the responsibility of the user.
The contract with Xerox ends in Summer 2021.