All members of Reutlingen University (such as students, professors, employees, lecturers and guests) are assigned a university account (also called Login or Hochschulkonto). With your university account, you can:
- Log into the university computers
- Access various services such as your university e-mail, the CampusPortal, HIP, RELAX, Intranet, WiFi and VPN
- Access your personal storage folder (U-Drive)
- To activate your account, you need the sheet of paper with your activation data. You will receive this paper from the Student Service Centre (StudienServiceCenter) after successfully enrolling or from your faculty or department after you have started working.
- You can activate your account from any computer with internet access.
- Open a browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome), go to the Activating your account page and follow the instructions. Please make sure that you enter the data completely, as you find it on the data sheet.
The Computer and Media Centre operates two directory services (LDAP and Active Directory), with which the university accounts are administrated.
In addition to your username and password, further data that is required for the unique identification of users or for the operation of IT services is administrated, such as:
- Fore- and surname
- E-mail address
- User group (student, employee, professor, lecturer etc.)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
The IT services can retrieve data from the directory services using standardised interfaces. These interfaces are set up in such a way that only the data which is necessary for the use of the service is transferred. In addition, it is guaranteed that a user only has access to his own data.
Some data from the directory services, such as full name, department, telephone number and room number, can be viewed by all users of Reutlingen University IT services, e.g. via the address book in Outlook.
Here you can activate your university account.
To reset your password, click here.
Please report any problems to the Service Desk.
The processing times correspond to the Service Level Agreement.
Data Backup/ Hosting
The directory services are hosted in the University's Computer Centre. The directory services are backed up for recovery purposes following a crash.
For students, professors, employees and lecturers, this service does not have to be requested.
To set up a guest account, please contact the IT administrator of your institution.
All members of Reutlingen University are obliged to comply with the IT and Media Services regulations for use.
Members of Reutlingen University are required to comply with legal regulations, such as the State Data Protection Act (Landesdatenschutzgesetz BW).
University accounts are only valid as long as a contractual relationship with the university exists. Following the termination of this contract, the university account and all associated data will be deactivated and deleted after a period of 30 days.
Emeritus professors remain members of the university and therefore keep the university account for life.
The cut-off dates for account deactivation depend on the user group:
- for students, the cut-off date is 90 days after the date of exmatriculation
- for employees, the cut-off date is one day after the end of the contract
- the accounts of lecturers are deactivated at the end of the semester, but are only deleted after 230 days. The reason for this is for the frequently occurring case that lecturers are only active every second semester, and therefore their account should be retained.
- guest accounts are deleted at the end of the semester or on the day after they finish working at Reutlingen University