The corona regulations of the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts in Baden-Württemburg require contact lists to be kept by university for all in-person events. The contact lists are used exclusively for tracing infection chains and are made available to the public health department upon request. The contact lists are deleted after four weeks. In order to simplify this process for all involved, Reutlingen University provides a digital option, as described below.
Attendance recording with the UniNow app
Note: If you do not have or do not want to use a smartphone, you can also check in via a browser. For more information on this, please see "Procedure description".
1. Install the UniNow app using one of the QR codes (depending on your system)
2. Select "Hochschule Reutlingen" (Reutlingen University)
3. Select "Mein Studium" (My studies) and then "Campus Check-In"
4. Scan the QR code as you enter or leave a room (at the door) and follow the instructions to enter your information before clicking "Check-In".
When you leave the room, click Check-Out in the app or scan the QR code at the door.
For recording your attendance in the app or browser, you need to enter the following data at least once, as is required by the corona regulations in Baden-Württemburg:
- First name and surname
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Postal address
In addition, the form requires your matriculation / staff number to identify you as a member of the university.
To use the browser to log your data:
- Scanning the room QR code will lead you to the website https://checkin.uninow.com/scan, which you can also enter directly into your browser
- If you are unable to scan the QR code, click "Problems with scanning?" on the website https://checkin.uninow.com/ and enter the room code that is printed underneath the QR code
You can find more information and detailed step-by-step instructions (in German with pictures) in this PDF:
- All personal data and tracking information that you provide is encrypted and held by UniNow and can only be decrypted and viewed by selected university employees for infection tracking purposes only.
- If the "CAPACITY CHECK" shows more people than are actually in the room, this may be because people from previous events have not (yet) checked out.
- To access CAPACITY CHECK as a teacher, you can only scan the QR code with a QR code reader, not with the UniNow App.
- To use the check-in function, the most current version of the app must be installed. If you have disabled the update mode in your smartphone, you will need to manually update the app.
- If you have already checked into a room, you do not need a QR code anymore. The rooms are listed in the UniNow app and you can check in and out by clicking on the room.
Please see this document (in German) for information on data protection: